Brian and I got to have a quiet couple of days on Sunday and Monday. Our 3rd year anniversary is on Tuesday, but we celebrated it early this weekend and going to the coast. We went to Westport, which is a tiny little coastal town. Probably one of the older ones, so it's more quaint (less to do). Anyways, we stayed in a cute little B&B and then ate at two places that ended up having really good food. If you're ever in Grayland (which is like 10 minutes south of Westport) I recommend eating at Bennett's. VERY good food for regular dining prices (same $ range as Olive Garden and Red Robin).
Anyways, so that was our weekend. Not much to it. It was just nice and relaxing and I took a lot of scenic pictures, that of course didn't turn out exactly like I envisioned. I wish I had a camera in my eye and all I had to do was turn it on and then when I blinked it took a picture exactly how I saw it.
As far as how I'm feeling, I think once and for all I'm finally, actually feeling better. I can tell, because I can eat out and not feel gross like I have to stop eating in the middle; I don't get a small wave of nausea anymore. Which is good in many ways, but can be bad. That probably means I'm good to go now, and I SHOULD be able to get back on my high veggie- high fruit- lean meats- cut way back on carbs- cut out hydrogenation and high fructose corn syrup "diet". I started eating a lot more bad carbs again, because that was the only thing that seemed to not throw my tummy in a tisy fit. Stuff like Ritz crackers, white bread (although I did find stuff that didn't have hydrogenation OR HFC syrup...I might stick to that still because I love white bread, but just cut way back), white rice, tortillas, Mac n' cheese...etc. Peaches are tasting really good lately, but I know that wont last too long. Too bad fruit doesn't last as long as you need it. But I definately need to eat more veggies. Even if that means in salad form (like I only really like tomatoes if it's in salad, type of situation). Anyways, so this is my plan, right? Don't go and tell my good job or anything, because I haven't done it yet! I keep you updated if it's going well for me ;)
Also, I think I need to cut waaaaaaaay back on dairy. I think I'm becoming more and more sensitive to it as the years go by. And actually dairy makes me gain weight and bloat, so that's not good. I'll need to try and give Soy another try. The only dumb thing about Soy milk is that it doesn't LAST as long as milk. So by day 4 of using it for cereal and whatnot, it's already thickening up. Any alternate suggestions, anyone? Or just maybe a trick or something? Because vanilla soy isn't bad. I don't think I could drink a glass of it just for the heck of it, but WITH stuff, it's fine. But I just hate that it only really lasts for 4 or 5 days.
Anyways (because this blog really needs to get longer than it already is) as far as me and baby go, I'm definitely starting to really feel changes. Like every now and then I get this muted tingly/adrenaline feeling in my chest that quickly moves down my front and ends up at the baby...and then I feel a good tightening feeling down there. At that point is when I say "Oooof, baby's growing!" It's weird. Again, it kinda reminds me of the super beginnings of labor. But that's probably only because the uterus contracts in both situations. Anyways, so thats kinda cool. I feel like I've felt the baby move for a few weeks now...but only that SUPER light fluttery feeling...where you wonder if it's food digesting or if it's the baby...and lately I think for sure I can feel it move. It's not super significan't, of course. Nothing you can feel or see from the outside...but I definitely do feel something now. Only 15 weeks and already feeling movement!
Anyways, I should wrap this up and all. I'll probably post something tomorrow too.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
lincolnetta is already moving? sounds like she's gonna be a handful. but i'm sure paige will be happy to be the bossy mossy sister. ;)
Give Lactaid a try. It's milk without the gas factory.
Post a Comment