Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Monday, August 20, 2007

The Beginning

All right then! Okay after the suggestion of a friend (Jessica) I decided that I would start officially blogging here. Mostly about me (eh, what can I say) and the new baby. I'll leave Brian/Paige/miscellaneous stuff for the Myspace Blog that I sometimes write in.

So, here I am at 14 weeks pregnant (okay "offically" 14 weeks, starting tomorrow) and I'm still trying to hang on. Throughout the pregnancy thus far, I haven't ever really felt full-on nauseous. I haven't even technically thrown up either from the pregnancy (the only time I threw up is when I had the flu in June). But, basically the whole time, I've felt a bit "off". Tummy growling for no reason, and then in an instant turns into that empty, I-better-eat-something-quick-or-I'll-get-sick feeling. It's like I'm always on edge. Making sure there's at least crackers and a cold bottle of water nearby. Thankfully, the "morning sickness" has reduced to an "only morning/afternoon" feeling rather than the previous "all-day sickness". It's like having the achey not-so-good feeling of the flu without throwing up. Good stuff!


All that said, I think it's starting to dwindle a bit. I think I started feeling better around or a little before this time (weeks wise) with Paige 2 years ago. It's pretty annoying also because I was JUST starting to get the hang of the healthy eating crap. Then when I started feeling bad, the only thing that would soothe me is carbs. Good timing! I also have finally reached the conclusion that milk products (but mostly milk itself) gives me a tummy ache. LAME. So, last time I was all about the cereal...now, I can't even really eat it without feeling crappy.

Anyways, I totally am complaining. But I don't mean to be. I just wanted to state the facts of how I'm feeling. It's definintely different than the last pregnancy. I just can only hope at this point that SOON my "blah/crappy" feeling goes away.

Oh and you'd think that because of the difference in the two pregnancies, that I'd be having a boy this time. But the Chinese pregnancy predictor calendar thingie says I'm having a girl again. Hahaha. Not that I rely on it. Seriously, I don't. But in a way...I can't help but wonder if it's randomly right. You know? WHO KNOWS.


Anyways, here's a little "official" update on the bun in the oven:

"Head to bottom, your baby's 3 1/2 inches long — about the length of a lemon — and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. Her body's growing faster than her head, which now sits upon a more well-defined neck. By the end of this week, her arms will have lengthened and will be in proportion to the rest of her body. (Her legs still have some growing to do, though.) She's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair all over her body (called lanugo). Her liver starts secreting bile this week, a sign that it's already functioning properly, and her spleen starts contributing to the production of red blood cells. She's also producing and discharging urine into the amniotic fluid, a normal process that she'll keep up until birth. You still can't feel your baby's movements, but her hands and feet (which are now half an inch long) are more flexible and active. Thanks to brain impulses, her little facial muscles are getting a workout as she squints, frowns, and grimaces. She can grasp now, too, and she may be able to suck her thumb."

Taken from www.babycenter.com

5 comments:

Sam said...

I'm super glad that picture shows where the vagina is. I was wondering...

Anyway, let's hope for a boy! Baby Boy Yoder! Woo-hoo! Oh, but another girl would be sooo fun - sisters, sisters, never have there been more devoted sisters (or however that goes).

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I have that ultra-fine downy covering of hair, except that it's just on my head. Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Did you send this to C2 and C3 also? Someone could use the anatomy lesson.

The Chases said...

I love it! I am glad you have a blog. Hope you have a great 14th week=)

Unknown said...

yay for new blogs!