Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Doctor Check Up

So yesterday was my 28 week check up. It went well. I ended up taking Paige with me because it was a morning appointment. She did better than I was anticipating. Paige is going through a "I hate doctors" phase and basically cries at anyone in a white coat or scrubs. But after I told her about a billion times that the doctor is for mommy and not Paigey, then she was fine. Actually she was fine as soon as we walked into the back of the office to get me weighed. So that was nice!

So, I've gained about a pound and a half in the last 3 weeks, and the doctor said my weight gain is on a good track. I've only gained 10 lbs in the last 28 weeks, which is SUPER. I know I talk alot about my weight gain during this pregnancy, but it really is a concern for me. If I had started out at a healthy weight to begin with, I know that a 10 lb weight gain would be concerning. But I just get relieved everytime I see that I've only gained a little bit. Whew!

My blood pressure is good again, too. It's back down to normal 120's/70's. It had went up to 130's last time, but I'm glad it's back down for now. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150's, which is good. Last time it was in the 130's. I had passed my glucose test, which I figured since I hadn't heard back from anyone about it.

We also talked a bit about planning the surgery in February and everything. The doctor basically said it's up to me when I want it. Well, I mean within a small window of oppertunity, that is. Basically I get to choose from the 12th, 13th or 14th of February to have the baby. That is Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I decided that I want to avoid a holiday, so we wont be choosing to have the surgery on Valentines Day. So that means the 12th or 13th. BUT, I want to see if I could possibly have it on the 15th, which is a Friday. It would work really nice for basically everyone if I could have her before the weekend, so that my parents could fly up specially for the birth (and then come back again during her 2nd week), and Brian could be with me over the weekend without having to worry about taking additional time off during the week while I'd only be recovering in the hospital anyways. But when telling the doctor all this, she says there is a possibility I COULD do that, but it doesn't look likely. The main reason is because it's too close to my due date. Within 4 days. I guess with planned c-sections, they try to avoid risk of putting additional pressure on the incision (scar) that I already have. At that point, the baby could drop, or just the fact that she's growing so much more towards the end of the pregnancy, could put that pressure on. At the end of the doctor visit, she told me to talk to my family and husband about everything and then I can decide the next visit (the 30 week appointment) when I would like to schedule the c-section. So basically, I'm going to ask for the 15th, and if I for sure can't get it, then I'll give them my back-up choice of either the 12th or the 13th.

So that's all fun stuff. My next doctor's appointment is December 13th. It's in the morning again, basically because yesterday went so well, I figure Paige and I could go together again.

But that's about it for now :)

No comments: