Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Friday, November 9, 2007

25 Weeks

We're towards the end of week 25. I had my OB check up yesterday. It's actually a small little story, that I'll share here, just for fun.




So I'm 5 minutes away from the doctor's office, when I get a call from them. They want to reschedule because Dr. Sears can't get away from the hospital. Okay, I understand when one doctor can't come back because duh, she has other patients. But I thought that was a benefit of a group practice...there's more than one doctor available. Where were the other doctors? Why couldn't I see a nurse? So I'm not going to give up easily with this person on the phone. First of all, because I had my glucose test scheduled, and second...I just don't want to give up my appointment. The lady on the phone told me that I could still have my glucose test if I wanted, but as far as making another OB appointment, I'd either have to come in next week or just wait for my next "scheduled" appointment. Well, for me, there was a reason I made the appoitment this week, instead of next. Also, why would I want to wait 3 more weeks (6 weeks total) between appointments? I think that's just borderline rude. What if there were things they needed to know/monitor between those 6 weeks. Anyways, so I told the lady on the phone that I have specifically scheduled time (and asked Molly to come over to watch Paige for this) today, and it wont work any other time soon, so I will for sure take the glucose test still. And so then she was awkward and paused afterwards because, now she wants to know when I'd like to reschedule my OB appointment. I told her that I wont be able to do it next week, and that if I could see SOMEONE today, I would prefer that. It doesn't have to be Dr. Sears. Why would it, anyway? So, I told her that I specifically had some concerns and questions that I was looking forward to ask. So, she actually says "hold on, let me see if I can get Dr. Sears on the phone" and puts me on hold before I can say anything. Okay weird! Because wasn't Dr. Sears busy? I don't want to talk to her if she's busy. Besides, it's not a quick question I have. So Dr. Sears comes on the phone and I said, "I'm sorry, I didn't know I was going to be transfered to you. I know you're busy, and you probably don't have time to talk to me. I wanted to ask and share a concern I have, but it's kinda long and detailed, and I'm sure you don't have time for this." So, of course she was a little thrown off (I'm sure she was stressed anyway, and then getting a call from a patient unneccesarily...that would be annoying), but she said that when I go in for my glucose test, while I'm waiting for that hour period, see if someone will be able to see me. Good enough for me. So I go and get checked in, and everything basically turns out just fine. I drank the glucose drink, and in the mean time I had my OB with a nurse. I got to talk to another nurse about my concern, and she was really helpful and is going to get some answers for me. So it turned out fine, but I just wanted to share that little story.

As far as baby Claire goes, she's doing good, it sounds like. She moves A LOT. Like right now. In my ribs. She is currently (or was at least yesterday) head down, so that's why I've been feeling a lot of kicking in my ribs. There was a little trouble at first getting her heartbeat, because the placenta apparently was right on the top of my belly, blocking Claire. So there was a lot of echoing. Once she got a heartbeat reading, her heartbeat was in the 120's. At first I was like "whoa, that's kinda low" but of course the nurse reminded me that it's still in the normal range. Which was just still weird because she was moving a lot...I thought maybe she would be in the 140 range. Oh well, if they don't think anything of it, then I wont either.




I've gained 2 more pounds in the last 3 weeks. So that gives me an overall weight gain of only 7 pounds since my first check in. Which is good for me. I just need to maintain that slow weight gain. Because, like I said before, I know most of it could come at the very end.




My blood pressure was still in the okay range. It looks like it's creeping up a bit again. Which I am not thrilled about. It's still in the 130/70 range...but it's high 130's. My belly still measures on track at 25.5 cm.




Those are the stats of the visit. I'm glad I got to see a nurse. The one who checked me was super nice too, so I appreciated that, because I know they were all stressed at the office because of Dr. Sears not being able to be there. But anyways, like I said, I'm glad I got to see someone. I wouldn't have liked it if I had to wait another 3 or 4 weeks for an appointment. My next appointment is at 28 weeks, which is the 28th of this month. Then after that, I'll be going every two weeks. I can't believe it will be that time already!

Here's a picture of me and baby Claire:



Okey dokey, that's it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cort-
Food suggestion. Romaine lettuce already cleaned and chopped for ease and convience if you want fast food. Add, KEN'S STEAK HOUSE CEASAR SALAD DRESSING, Mrs Cubbison's ceasar croutons. Instant ceasar salad! Picky Michelle even likes this! She likes to add a few dried cherries (Costco) and you can always add some rotesserie chicken (again Costco or the grocery store. Buy a Black and Decker veggie steamer. Super easy and veggies taste great. (Target about $20). Well, those are my tips for now.
Auntie M

Unknown said...

Aww, helpful tips from Auntie M. I would like helpful tips from Auntie M. and Auntie Torty too when I'm pregnant....