Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week 16

Yay it's beginning of week 16! Since I just wrote a couple days ago on how I'm feeling, there isn't much else to write.

I did, though, buy my first new maternity shirt. All shirts I wore last time were mostly Livy's, and then the rest are summer apparel. So I figure I'll keep an eye out for sales (mostly at Old Navy) and buy a new shirt a month. And if anyone has any hand-me-downs to let me borrow/have, let me know too! :)

I've been trying to get used to sleeping on my sides, since sleeping on my back is getting more uncomfortable and also because by week 20 I need to try and stay on my side. But sleeping on my side all the time gives me shoulder aches in the morning! I remember that from last time ;). Here we go again, eh?

Oh! And also, I started taking vitamins again! YAAY! They're not giving me tummy aches anymore. I know the super importance of the folic acid period has now passed, but I should take the vitamins still because of the iron and calcium and all that other stuff that I need. But I'm glad it's not making my tummy hurt anymore. Whew.

Here's a little update on the new Yoderling:
"At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling her weight and adding inches to her length. Her lower limbs are much more developed now. Her head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved toward the front of her head. Your baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Some of her more advanced body systems are working, including her circulatory system and urinary tract. Her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating her total blood volume through her body many times. The patterning of her scalp has begun, though her hair isn't recognizable yet. Although closed, her eyes are moving (slowly), and she's even started growing toenails."

So even Baby Center thinks it's a she! Just kidding, I know they cycle the genders for each article.

Nothing much new. Lots and lots of baby moving...light movements, but I pause to pay attention every time it happens :)

That's about it!

No comments: