Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Same ol' same ol'

...Well kinda. I have my 18 week check up on Thursday, which is fun. I've started getting "the heartburn" again. I had really bad heartburn last time, and I'm getting it again, although...it seems like it's happening sooner this time. I'm trying to make sure I drink enough water in general, but especially since the heartburn came on. Tums just don't do it for me. Besides, they're gross. I think I ate too many last time, so now I'm not a big fan. Too chalky (even the fruit flavored ones that kinda resemble Smarties) and it feels gross when it coats my mouth and throat.

Oh! I got my Bella Band in the mail on Friday. It's definately comfortable and it is pretty awesome. The only tinsy drawback is when I go from sitting to standing, it kinda shifts up. So when it was on my waist band before, it's slipped up and my pants have slipped down again. It was also nice to fit into my regular jeans without the button and zipper cutting into my tummy. I'm hoping to fit into my "regular" jeans as long as possible. In on of my previous blogs, I said I gained about 7 lbs. That's not true. It's been consistant that I've only gained 5 lbs or so. I don't have a digital scale, so I have to count the lines ;). Anyways, so I think that's pretty good for me.

I'm already starting my 5th month. I'm IN my 18th week, but I will be considered 18 weeks on Tuesday. So, for technical reasons-- according to What to Expect When You're Expecting-- (and because it's kinda fun to say how many months I am as well as weeks) I'm starting to say I'm in (not through) my 5th month.

Baby moves as much as he/she has been thus far. I feel him/her at night more than any other time. The whole stretching/growing feeling, and then especially the moving and kicking while I'm laying down.

Update on one of the baby gender predictions: I was wrong about Lisa. She had her ultrasound on Thursday and she's having a girl. I only hope I get two girls too :)...but OBVIOUSLY if I don't, that of course is fine :). Congrats to Lisa!

In non-baby news, I pre-ordered Smallville Season 6 last week (or two weeks ago) and it's already been shipped today! WOOHOO! I'm a hopeless Superman fan.

Anyways, that's about it. Belly is getting bigger: check. Cortney gets tired easier: check. Cortney loves to sleep in until at least 10 am on the weekends: check. Cortney still fits into her pants: so far, check.

All is good!

No comments: