Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doctor at 37 weeks

So yesterday I had my check-up. It took me longer than I anticipated to get over to the office though. I usually have morning appointments, but since I'm so close to the end I switched to afternoon appointments so I could go by myself. But the time I picked was PREEEMO going-home time. So not only was everyone and their mom on the road, but I was also stuck behind 4 school buses on the way there. Not to mention hitting all the red lights on the way there. I had Brian Yoder luck yesterday.

So I get there just in the nick of time (actually, I was 7 minutes late, but I got there just in time to see The Goble before she promptly left for home) and needless to say it was a very fast appointment. I didn't get any numbers really. I like the numbers. BP, heartbeat, how many cm my tummy is, and numbers when I get "checked." But I got kinda jipped.

Basically, I haven't progressed at all. I'm still where I was at 5 days ago. Which is good for me. I want to hold on for 2 weeks and 2 more days. But The Goble always hurts me when she checks me, so that was the only downfall of the whole appointment.

Since I was such in a hurry getting to the office, my BP was 140/70, but I'm not worried. I'm sure it was because I was all rushed because I didn't want to miss my appointment.

I didn't get the baby's heartbeat number, but it sounded good. Claire still moves A LOT.

I gained more poundage. So I'm at roughly 30 lb weight gain now. Bleh. I noticed in the last week though that I'm REALLY swelling. The last couple days I feel like I'm super retaining water now. My feet feel balloon-like and kinda itchy/raw feeling. So do my hands. So I guess here it comes, then. I am turning into a balloon again. Hopefully I don't get toxemia again. I get SUPER thirsty all day too. Like I just can't get enough water. Bleh.

I still get the BH contractions every once in a while throughout the day. Nothing irregular though.

Hmm. That's about it, really. Nothing new. Just trying to take it easy and focus on one day at a time.

So yeah, I guess until next time!

No comments: