Well hello. This week I had my 34 week checkup. Here's the info from the visit:
I've gained 6 more pounds (woopsie...it's all the Holiday food catching up with me), my blood pressure is back in the normal range of 117/74... WHEW! That's good news :). Baby's heartbeat was in the 130's, my uterus is measuring on track, and the doctor guessed she was around 4 lbs or so. My guess is more like 5, haha. She may FEEL like she's around 4, but my babies are always going to weigh more than they look. I just know it. I mean take Paige for instance. She was kinda a little squirt there between birth and 1 year. Sure she was a little gooshy looking, but she was still kinda smaller. She always looked 2 or 3 lbs lighter than she actually was. But who knows...maybe because I'm mom, I don't think she looks that big.
Anyways, so yeah. I also talked to the doctor about what happens if I go into labor before my scheduled surgery. Dr. Burtner (to those of you who know who this is) is a very nice lady, but she sure doesn't give details about anything. After I asked my questions, she always has this air of "oh don't worry" and basically doesn't say much. She said just go to the hospital as soon as I can. So I asked if it's risky going into labor after a c-section like that, and she says, "you know...pregnancies and labors are risky sometimes in itself...there are always risks. I wish I had a crystal ball for you to let you know." Um. Okay...I guess? And then she says "I wouldn't keep worrying about it." And then end of discussion! So...I guess I won't worry about it? But....but....I will now. Because she says not to! That's just how it works!
Ugh. So...nice lady...just not very informative. But that was basically it. In and out like always. After the doctor's appointment Paige and I ran a couple errands and then came home a little after 12. I was POOPED. I know that during this pregnancy I have mentioned how tired I am, or how tired I get. But this beats it all. It's mostly just simply because of how much weight I'm carrying and how much energy my body is using to sustain this growing baby. Just. So. Pooped. I have 5 more weeks to go. It seems so far away, yet super close at the same time. Even though I'm having semi-conflicting feelings about everything (like, am I ready? Are things organized enough, do I have everything I need?) I really am excited to meet this new little girl that isn't Paige.
My sister had asked me a question a little bit ago, and I remember feeling that way after Paige was born: how is it going to be loving another little baby? I remember when Paige was an infant and having SO MUCH love for her that I couldn't imagine loving another baby just as much. I remember asking both Vonnie and my mom how it is that they loved the rest of their babies after the first. It seems like a dumb question, because (most) mom's just love their babies...and then also seems a little vain because I was my mom's first (haha). But I just meant...experiencing the love you feel for your baby for the first time is so overwhelming, I seriously couldn't imagine what it would be like to love another baby at that point. But, now I can. Either it just took me being pregnant to imagine it, or it just being the right amount of time between babies. But I'm sure it's once you have a growing baby in you, your love for it grows every day.
Anyways, that was a confusing paragraph. I guess I'm just saying I'm finally ready to meet this little girl. This little girl who isn't Paige. Weird. I'm going to have another girl who ISN'T Paige. Someone new. Crazy! I hope she looks like me this time :)
So yeah. Aside from feeling LITERALLY like a whale, and being tired all the time, it's all going well. I'm still sleeping pretty good at night. Maybe a little less comfortable these days, but I'm making sure to live it up in the sleep category. My buttery soft body pillow makes it easier to be more comfortable in bed.
My clothes aren't really fitting anymore. My maternity pants, the elastic band doesn't really stay up anymore. Like the belly is too big to get the band around so it slips down. And then since the belly is so big, the shirts are kinda shrinking up. So then there's this constant worry for me whether I have belly showing between my slipping-down pants, and my riding-up shirt. Ugh! I realize the cutest phase of maternity clothes it between 20 and 30 weeks. Because you're obviously pregnant, and the clothes still look cute on you without starting to shrink up. But now at 34 weeks, I'm throw on and off clothes all the time getting frustrated because nothing is long enough anymore. Haha.
I'm still the little big of swollen that I have been for the past few weeks. My fingers look a little plump, and it's a little hard to take off my ring, but it's nothing horrendous yet. My face is rounder and fatter too. Well, I feel like it is. I hate it when my face gets rounder. I mean it's ALREADY round, so it's not like it really needs to be much rounder. Sheesh.
Oh and I've been having a lot more post-pregnancy dreams. Where I don't have a belly anymore, and I'm back to my "normal" body. Ah, it feels so good in my dreams. I can't wait.
It's funny because with my first pregnancy, the dreams were all about possibly losing Paige, and then dreams of Paige herself. Just all in anticipation of having her. This time around I have BARELY had any dreams of Claire, or anxiety dreams or anything. It's usually just about me not being pregnant anymore and what a relief it is. Hahaha. Funny how that is.
Anyways, that's about it. I've already registered at the hospital (actually I think I did that last week), and all I need to do is call the pediatrician and get Claire set up with the doctor. Oh and then also make appointments for my 38 and 39 week check up at the OB.
So yeah! Only 5 more weeks to go!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment