1. Typically, what time do you wake up?
Before Claire, it was anywhere between 8 and 9:30 (nice). But now, I wake up all the time through the night. I actually GET up between 6 and 7.
2. On a good night, what time are you kids in bed?
On a good night, Paige is in bed by 8, and Claire is down before 11.
3. How long have you been a mommy?
Since September of 2005...so 3 years this year.
4. How old were you when you became a mommy?
24
5. What is your favorite kids tv show?
Well Dora and Diego are always fun, haha. But I really like Super Why for Paige.
6. What is your least favorite kids tv show?
The stupid large puppet ones...like Raggs
7. What is your favorite chore?
Wow, there is no such thing for me.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Anything I did a good job at (which, by the way, isn't a lot). By probably mostly manicotti...I love to make stuffed cheesy pastas. Mmmm.
9. What meal do you cook most often?
Burritos...the easiest.
10. What is your kids favorite meal?
Any snacky foods. Like fruit, cheese and crackers, yogurt, cheese, cheese, and more cheese. She doesn't really like to eat "dinner"...she'll have a few bites of whatever, and then basically ask for one of her favorite snacks. But actually, I think she really likes the "homemade" mac and cheese I make.
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
Plays and laughs with them :)
12. What are 5 things that make you smile about being a mom?
#1) When Paige talks to me animatedly with wide eyes...it makes me laugh
#2) When my babies like to snuggle or hug me or kiss me
#3) Watching them learn and discover new things
#4) When Paige tells me stories, because they're usually all over the place and don't make sense
#5) Looking at them and seeing both my and Brian's personality come out in them as well
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
A warm climate
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
Yesterday, grocery shopping
15. What is your favorite past time/activity to do with your kids?
Snuggling with Claire, and then playing with Paige
16. Name one thing you said you would never do as a mom?
Saying "no" without a reason. Buuuut, of course I do.
17. Name one thing you do, that your own mom did?
Sing a song for every other word I hear. Especially bible verses, I can always think of a song with the verse in it.
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
Interacting with her kids...playing games with us.
19. What is your favorite kids book?
I forget the name of it...but it was basically the book I learned to read from. But I do also love all Dr. Seuss books.
20. What is your advice for new moms?
Oh lots of things: rest when you can, don't stress yourself out with worrying about whether your child is as good (developmentally) as other people's children (like if they hit milestones before yours does), enjoy the quiet times, take help when it's offered and don't worry about how everyone else is holding/feeding/talking/touching your baby as long as they're doing it safely. Oooor, maybe I was just too anal as a first mom.
21. What is the most heartbreaking/scariest moment as a mom?
Seeing your babies in any sort of danger.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom?
Gosh, any good thing they do brings me joy.
23. When was the last time you were told "I love you" by one of your kids?
Last night when I said goodnight to Paige.
24. When was the last time you told one of your kids "I love you"?
I tell my girls multiple times a day.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment