Claire is doing really well. She's getting stronger, and bigger, and more interactive! I brought out Paige's old play mat thingie a couple days ago, and Claire loves it. There's a little mirror attached to the mat, and she LOVES to look at her reflection. She will gurgle and babble at it. She is also smiling a lot lately! She just basically started smiling last week. It's so cute. All you have to do is smile at her and make cooing noises and she'll smile at you. I love it :)
She's sleeping better though the night, but she'll still wake up for her pacifier. A couple days ago she slept basically from 9:30 until 6 or so with minimal waking up. But then the past couple nights she'll wake up a handful of times for her pacifier and then wake up around 5 because she's hungry. I usually try to wait her out until 6 or later because I kinda want her to get used to not waking up earlier than 6 to eat. But let me say, I CANNOT WAIT until Claire can move into Paige's room with Paige. I love how Claire is close at night in our room, but I cannot sleep with her in the room! I always hear all the tiny sounds she makes, so it makes for a tiring night when I wake up all the time. I remember moving Paige into her own room at 6 weeks old because she was a noisy sleeper as well (she still sleeps noisily to this day!).
I've been working out a bit lately. Not heavily, but doing a mile on the treadmill and then jump roping and then your usual floor exercises. It's not melting away, but I think we'll be okay if I keep it up. Well....duh.
I try to keep our days somewhat busy because since I wake up so early now, it seems like the days are super long. And I hate not doing anything during a super long day. So sometimes that just means taking a couple hour trip to the grocery store, or hanging out with friends before nap time. I'm able to kind of time Claire's nap time about the same as Paige's nap time so that I can get quiet time to myself. At this point, it's easy since Claire still sleeps almost all the time. I know it could be a little more challenging a few months from now when she has "actual" sleep times through the day.
I can't wait until the weather warms up. I want to go to the parks so bad!
Anyways, that's about it for now. Here are a few pictures from our park day last week:
















No comments:
Post a Comment