Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Thursday, April 17, 2008

2 month check up

Yesterday Claire had her 2 month check up (oh, which reminds me, I still need to make her 4 month check up appointment).



Lena came over and watched Paige for me while I went to the doctor with Claire. Lena is a lifesaver. I could have gone with the girls by myself, but if I can be with one girl at a time it is much more preferable. Especially since Claire was getting shots.

So, as far as how she's doing, she's looking perfectly fine. She's 12 lbs and 22 inches long. She's actually right under the 50th percentile for her height. She's a short one right now. I went back and compared measurements of Paige at 2 months to Claire's 2 month numbers, and they're basically the same. Except for Paige's ginormous head. Paige's head was 43 cm circumfrence, whereas Claire was 38 cm. Funny stuff. So they're both shorter babies.

Claire still has the gurgly sinus area, but after talking to the doctor about it, I'm pretty confident that it's just from after eating. Like she has a little reflux where the milk kinda goes back up and into the sinus area, which gives her the gurgly sound and then the spit-up. So we just make sure she's elevated at an angle for the first 30 minutes after eating and she's usually fine.

She handled the shots pretty well. I remember Paige was basically the same. The worst part is when they're getting shot, their faces go from perfectly normal, to this super cringe "OH MY GOSH WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME" face of shock and pain...and then the beet red color. So afterwards, I held her and sang and talked, and we looked in a mirror to distract her and she was basically fine. Totally slept a lot that day too. She hasn't gotten a fever though and that's good.

As far as sleeping goes, I can pretty much say now that she's sleeping through the night. Since about the end of last week, she'll sleep about 8 hours on average. Going to bed anywhere between 8 and 10, and then waking up between 5:30 and 7...respectively. The last two mornings (today and yesterday) she didn't wake up before 6, and that was awesome. Today was actually a little before 7--woohoo! I realize she goes to bed kind of early for a 2 month old (a couple times going to bed at 8), but I needed to do that because she was waking up at 6 in the morning regardless if she was going to bed at 8 or 10 or even 11:30 at night. So, in order for her to get as much sleep at night as possible, I needed to start putting her down earlier. I kind of feared at first that meant that she would wake up in the middle of the night, but LUCKILY that hasn't happened....yet. I know nothing is set in stone. I'm hoping that if this lasts 2 weeks in a row, I'll start experimenting with putting her in Paige's room at night. Obviously starting on a weekend night. Paige is a super heavy sleeper, and honestly I'm not as worried about it as I was before. Paige is good at sleeping and staying asleep...knowing when it's bed time and such. The only thing I do think about is in the morning when Claire wakes up early (like 5-6 early), Paige will wake up too. I'll work with that when it comes, though.


So that's really about it. Time is flying by, but I'm enjoying it. Claire is such a good little baby. Only really crying now when she's hungry. But that ends up being a lot in the evening...so I find that I can't really go places with her in the evening without needing to feed her like every hour. She smiles a lot, and I LOVE it. She's my little snuggly wuggly and I just want to eat her up :). Every now and then she uses her vocal chords for a couple seconds, and it's so cute. I love the cooing. She's getting so chunky now, and I love to squeeze her little thunder thighs and her rolly arms. Haha.

And of course kissing her chipmunk cheeks constantly.

But that's about it. Paige is still handling having a sister pretty well. She just kinda does her own stuff, but then every now and then shows interest in Claire and is nice and gentle with her. I don't push her to play or talk to Claire if she doesn't want to. I want her to get used to her on her own and not get resentful. Of course when they get older, of course I'll encourage playing together a lot more...but that's when Paige is definitely going to be used to her sister.



So yeah. I'm still doing well. Working out when I can, getting out of the house when I can...trying to be active (but not too active...those of you who know me well, know that I don't like to feel super busy) and trying to give Paige as many playing oppertunities as I can. Again, I can't WAIT until it's warm and sunny out consistantly. I can't wait for Paige to be able to play outside and me to soak in some much needed warmth from the sun.

So, that's about it for now :)

1 comment:

Lowe Family said...

It sounds like you and your girls are doing so well!! love ya