Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Friday, March 14, 2008

A little update...

So a week later, things are about the same. I've pretty much got a morning routine. Kinda. Claire is pretty consistant waking up in the later part of the morning between 6:30 and 7:30. I found that it works best for me if I can get Claire all fed and changed before Paige wakes up (or at least gets out of bed), so that I can deal with both girls seperately. After I feed and change Claire, I usually put her right back down for another nap, and then do stuff with Paige; potty, breakfast, etc. I'm pretty much on a 7:00, 10:00, 1:00, 3:00 time frame with Claire eating. At night, the last time she eats is 10, finishes around 11, and then we try to sleep. I usually have to let her cry it out...but that only lasts between 6 and 10 minutes, then she's asleep until 2:30 or 3:00 which is good. After that, I feed her again and we're back down by 3:30 or 4 and then she doesn't wake up again, like I said, until 6:30 or 7:30.

The only problem in that whole time frame is that she doesn't exactly sleep soundly. She grunts loud...all the time. I am a light sleeper, so there are nights where I feel like I am barely even sleeping because I'm always waking up to her sounds. Also, she likes the pacifier, but she can't get it to stay in her mouth so she'll fuss every time it pops out. THAT'S annoying. I'm tempted to just not use the pacifier at all anymore. But in the middle of the night when I'm super tired, I just think of the quickest way to get her quiet...which is to stick the pacifier back in.

I wish we had a 3rd bedroom! Now that would be REALLY helpful.

Aside from all that, life is kinda uneventful. We just normally stick around the house, although us three girls went out to Fred Meyer by ourselves yesterday. It wasn't bad at all. I do get a bit of cabin fever some days, but our mornings are kinda limited to sticking around the house some days, depending on the current nap schedule. I don't like feeling busy, in general, but I do like to get out every once in a while. I'm involved in two bible studies now (one is going to just get started here soon) so that will help me feel like my days aren't so "home bound" and I'm looking forward to that.

Physically, I'd say I am 100%. I've been increasing my workout a tiny bit every couple days or so, just so I can work up to actual calorie-burning exercise. Well, not that I'm not burning any calories...but, you know. Something significant. My friend Lena went ahead and colored my hair back to brown for me, too. It's not something I can say I love, because I like blonde a lot better, but at least I wont have to worry about root grow-out and not having time to go to the salon to touch up my hair. Someday I'll do blonde again, when I have a few hours to go out.

Well, that's about it. Nothing exciting to report, but I thought I'd update anyways :)

1 comment:

The Chases said...

Hope all is well with you guys! Post pictures when you get a chance=) and keep the updates coming!