I realize I haven't written much about Claire aside from her sleeping habits! But then again, I guess not much really happens in the first month anyway.
But Claire is doing well. She is growing and looking bigger, although she's still a little on the short side. Paige was like that too. Babies 3 and 6 months younger than her caught up in her height in no time when she was under a year old.
Claire is starting to eat more often too, which is good. For the first 4 weeks she barely would wake up to eat. She would sleep so much and so hard, that it was difficult to wake her up after 3 hours of sleeping just so she could eat! I wasn't worried about it, but it does make it difficult when you try to get them on an eating schedule. But she seems to be better at it lately, anyways.
When Claire was born her feet were pretty funny. Aside from being long like skiis, they also folded up against her shin. The top of her foot touching her shin--very flexible. Brian called it her "landing gear"...and now I can say her landing gear has officially come down. Her feet don't bend that far back anymore and now they look like normal feet! Haha.
She still has a full head of hair. I get comments on it all the time. I also get comments about how much she looks like me this time. I don't really see it myself, but it is kinda nice to have a child look like me now! Even though I don't feel like she looks like me, I do see Lockwood in her. Particularly she reminds me of my Grandpa Roy. Specifically the dark hair, dark eyes, and the face shape (although Grandpa doesn't have brown eyes). I do kinda see that the roots of her hair are a bit lighter than the tips, so her hair actually might lighten up a bit. But she'll probably still be a brunette as she gets older.
Of course it's always fun to dress your baby up, and I've been doing that as much as I can. Specifically so that she doesn't miss out on any of her BILLIONS of clothes. I hate things going unworn (is that a word?). I have been partial to the "sleep-sacks" so far. You know, the ones that are open at the bottom so it's easy to change their diaper. It's really helpful for the middle of the night changings.
She's just now able to fit into her 0-3 month clothes. Well, I mean without completely swimming in them. Up until now, she could only fit into just newborn clothes. But the 0-3 month aren't too big, which is nice because now I can add more variety...especially outfits like dresses and little pants. Awe, I love mini clothes.
Claire can sleep almost anywhere during the day, but of course her favorite so far is Mommy. I'd say her 2nd favorite is the car seat, and 3rd favorite is the portable baby swing we have. The seat is shaped more like a papesan (I don't know how to spell that) so she sits all cozy in it. I don't lay her down to sleep in the carseat, but if we're out and about and come home and she's still asleep in the carseat, I leave her in it on the couch until she wakes up. Which sometimes can last another 30 minutes!
She is also getting stronger. When I lay her on her tummy, she can lift her head off the floor for a few seconds, and then when we hold her against us in an upright position she'll try to keep her head up the whole time. She also was able to scoot forward on her tummy when I put my hand against her feet when she pushed. I wonder if she'll be earlier than Paige when starting all those milestones (sitting up, scooting, crawling, walking). "They" say the 2nd baby learns quicker because they have the older sibling to look at for an example. If so, pretty cool.
Well, that's all I have time for right now to write. As is, it's taken me an hour to write just this because of all the distractions, haha!
More at a later time...
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment