We are at week 3, and as of yesterday Claire is 3 weeks old. She had her "2 week" check up yesterday and got her heel pricked and a look-over. She's gained a pound since her last visit. She went from 8 lbs 7 oz when she was born, down to 7 lbs 10 oz when we left the hospital, back up to 8 lbs even a week after she was born, and now up to 9 lbs 4 oz at her 3 week mark. Which means she's eating well, yay!
Claire has had this congestion problem ever since she was a couple days old. Stuffy/gurgly sound in her nasal cavity. The doctor has been keeping an eye on it and says she thinks it should start to go away (or go away) in a week or so. I hope so, because Claire can't breathe very well, especially when she eats. And I hate having my new little baby sick!
Other than that, Claire is doing well. I'm trying out this sleep/eat training thing after reading the book "On Becoming Baby Wise." We're on day 4 of "training" and Claire is taking to it pretty well. She still wants to wake up every 2 hours to eat at night, but at least she isn't awake like a couple days ago (or even last week!). She'll just wake up thinking she's hungry but wont stay awake. I've also decided at night that I wont feed her less than 3 hours apart. In other words, if I just fed her at 1:30, and she wakes up at 3:30, I let her cry it out until her next feeding, which would be technically at 4:30. She'll cry for like 5 minutes or so (which, by the way, is the most annoying cry I think I've heard a baby cry! Sheesh!! It sounds like a cat being tortured!) and then sleep for another 2 or 3 hours, which is nice!! So, it looks like the scheduling thing is working. I just can't wait until she sleeps from like 11 pm until 7 am straight!!
I'm doing well too. I feel like I'm basically at 100% recovery. Well, maybe like 90%. I can feel the incision area is still sensitive, so obviously I will be easy on the abdomnial area. But I have hopped on the treadmill for the past 2 days. I know maybe it seems weird that I've hopped on the treadmill only 3 weeks after having birthing surgery, but I really am healing very well and quickly. Plus, it's not like I'm doing it rigorously. I'm walking an 18 minute mile. I mean how slow is that! Good for me though. I'll work up to what I was doing before and then eventually run...which I hate running and I try to do anything but run. But I will be there soon. PLUS, I am going to be Carrie's Old Matron of Honor in her wedding in July, so I do kinda have to get on the ball here. Seeim'sayin? No pressure, but I know I's gots stuff to do, yo.
Juggling 2 kids' needs is still kinda tough. Since I've gotten Claire on the schedule though it does make it easier for me to attend to Paige while Claire is taking one of her many, many naps. I still am behind on chores though, since I don't have help during the day anymore. I also don't have much energy to go out or pick up the phone either. I know that's weak, but I've been kinda mentally drained, and when both kids start to cry/whine/demand my attention while I'm on the phone, I get overwhelmed too. After the trip to the doctor with the girls by myself, whew...it wasn't super bad, but I definitely like help when I go out with them! I am still kinda getting easily overwhelmed in general, especially when Paige bombards me with questions or whining about something...or climbing all over me!!! But overall, I suppose you could say I'm pretty good. I'm keeping a good attitude, and I know that's important.
Anyways, that's about it for now. That's all the time I have at this moment!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment