Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Week 32

Well we're back from California. The drive was long, but it was actually better in comparison to previous trips because of Paige being older this time. I did well also. I was kinda worried about being away from home and then going on such a long drive at 31 and 32 weeks pregnant, but nothing went wrong and I was just fine.


Today I had my check up at the doctor's. Basic info: Baby's heartbeat was 145 bpm, I've technically lost a pound since two weeks ago (which doesn't really mean anything, since my weight fluctuates daily...but at the same time I didn't gain the 10 lbs I was fearing, haha) so that takes me back to an overall weight gain of 16 lbs, and then my uterus actually measures at 34 weeks. My blood pressure is back in the "normal" range. Higher on the normal at 135/80, but on the normal scale nonetheless.


Those are the basics. Other than that, how I'm feeling...is ready for her to come out! I mean, strictly because it's getting crowded and heavy in there. Am I ready for a newborn again? Eh, not really. But it's not like I don't want it to happen. That's the difference. I obviously want to see my new little girl, and hold her and see her grow before my very eyes, just like Paige. But, I'm no fan of the newborn/infant phase; I love the toddler phase! So am I ready: yes and no.


I'm starting to have trouble more and more just plain 'ol getting around. I feel like a penguin...waddling around everywhere. A lot of the times I try to make an effort to walk "normally" and with a purpose. But I still catch myself making that rocking back and forth motion when I'm strolling. Haha.


Forget tying shoes anymore. I had to ask Brian for the first time to tie my shoes for me last week. He laughed and said "are we already at this point?" we sure are! I remember last time with Paige, I asked Brian quite a few times to comb my hair for me after I had showered. My hair was on the longer side (probably 3 or 4 inches longer than now) and for some reason I just couldn't comb my hair without getting flush in the face and feeling like I needed to sit down. I mean of course I could have combed my own hair, but how nice of Brian to do it for me.

The swelling in my hands and feet are kinda getting worse. Not super bad. Not like last time. But, when I flex my fingers and toes, it feels tighter than before. I don't think it will get as bad as last time, thankfully. Summer time really can help aide in swelling!


Brian bought me a body pillow from Costco for Christmas. If any of you saw those huge body pillows that are SUPER SOFT, you understand how much in love with it I am. Awesome present!! It was really comfortable to sleep with last night. Unfortunately, it kinda acts as a barrier between Brian and I, but I'm sure he likes to snuggle with it just as much. Haha.

Well, as always, the baby moves a lot. Brian and I talked about yesterday (on our long drive) how strong we predict her to be. She's GOT to be! It's insane how much she moves and how hard and strong her movements are. Sometimes she'll just push slowly out...but it's HARD. A lot of times it makes me gasp because it's such an uncomfortable feeling. She does the mamba, step areobics, and tae kwon do all simultaneously in my belly. She moves a lot when I'm sitting up and over. Like at the computer. Or if I'm sitting at a table with my arms on the table. It's like she tells me "give me more room, woman!" She also likes to make me wait about 10 minutes before falling asleep at bed time. I'll lay down, in the "perfect" position, and then she goes at it. Sometimes head-butting my bladder as well...so then by the time she stops moving it's like I have to pee again! After I already got comfortable in my bed cocoon!! But of course, right?

Although I have lots of complaints, I'm not doing bad at all. Emotionally, I'm kinda on my last straw. Sorry to all my friends and family. The other night (Christmas Eve to be exact) we were all going to open one present before Paige went to bed. No one was coming to pick out a present for themselves, so I decided I'd pick out a present for everyone. But then for some reason I freaked out and started getting super frustrated that I couldn't find a present for everyone. Like I'd find one, but I thought maybe it wasn't a good one to choose. So then I told everyone to come get their own. But they weren't! I started getting annoyed because it was already 9 at night, past Paige's bed time, and no one was listening to me. So I said "I can't do this! I can't pick out people's presents! Come and do it yourselves! Come on lets go!" Hahahaha. So embarassing to look back on. But that's how I've been. Totally bipolar too. Like happy and joking one minute, and then the next something will click in my head and I'll be super easily annoyed about something. Now THAT is annoying. Not being able to automatically keep my emotions in check. Who wants to WORK at being "normal"? I sure don't. I can't wait for this craziness to go away!

But that's about it. My body is doing fine, my mind is trying to hang on, and my baby is doing fine. Hahaha.

Just keep in mind, I love you all. Just remember it. Remember!!!

Oh and here's me this week (when we were visiting my family)

No comments: