Yesterday was my 30 week appointment. Paige went with me again. She's such a good girl...so quiet and sits still. She didn't freak out this time (thinking that the doctor was for her), so that's good. She must finally realize it's mommy's doctor, and not hers.
So a few new developments. One, I have gained 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks! ACK! I blame Tillamook for their wonderfully delicious french vanilla ice cream, Fred Meyer for having a 10 for $10 "sale" on Hershey products, Hershey's for making tempting chocolate, and restaurants for allowing "bottomless" soda...specifically letting me have 3 Roy Roger drinks in one sitting. You are all to blame!!
So those are my recent bad choices that I KNOW led to my weight gain. Lame-o. So fine...bye bye ice cream...bye bye chocolate...and bye bye soda. Oh well. I shouldn't have been over indulging in those things anyways. I've learned my lesson. Again? Wait, shouldn't I have learned my lesson from last time? Ha!
Because of my weight gain, I believe my blood pressure went up along with it. Yesterday, it was 142/80, which isn't good obviously. I've gotten a little tight feeling in my fingers and feet, so I think I'm swelling a bit again. So if the weight gain wasn't enough, now I look like I'm swelling too ;). So fun.
Other than that, my tummy still measures on track, baby's heartbeat is in the 140's, and she's still head-down. The doctor felt where he head is (right on my bladder, which she likes to hit all the time) and her back and butt go up my right side with her legs in the perfect position to kick me in the ribs. Ah, babies in the womb; they sure like to beat up their mommies.
Also, I've been having the Braxton Hicks contractions. Over the previous weekend they were pretty frequent, and on Monday I called and talked to a nurse and we decided it was because I wasn't drinking enough water (which I normally do- kinda, but I realize I didn't much last week). I went back up to the level of water I should be drinking, and they have subsided for the most part. Occasionally I will still feel that obvious tightening. I had told the doctor that I felt a little concerned about them, since I am only 30 weeks, but she says this is about the time that moms start feeling them too. I didn't remember feeling them this "soon" last time, but then again I know what to feel for this time, too. It's weird to feel the B.H. contractions the 2nd time around, because it kinda takes me back to labor and I just assume they'll get worse, bringing on labor. But, I know they wont.
So basically, I need to take it easy because of my blood pressure and such. Which is fine with me, though, too....since I'm getting bigger, it's harder to do stuff. Like anything having to do with bending over. Almost (not yet) impossible.
Sorry, Brian....but you'll have to start doing more things around the house for me :)
(not that he reads this)
Anyways, so that's about it. I have the next 3 appointments lined up already. And inbetween appointments, we'll be driving to California for Christmas. I just have to make sure I drink enough water...which will be annoying because that will mean I'll need to stop for the bathroom every hour. Ugh. But, the trip will be worth it, because this will be the 2nd Christmas I have spent with my family over the last 6 years. Whew! Took long enough!
OH! And DUH! I forgot the other main part to the visit. We decided on a date for Claire to come. We're going to make February 12th her birthday. So weird to be able to choose that. Kinda takes the "fun" out of the surprise of it all...but then at the same time, it's relieving to know she wont be late (sorry Sam...no offense). So yeah, February 12th it is! I hope all of you in the area are able to visit, because I really like hospital visits :)
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So you're getting Lanea Claire used to ice cream, eh? Maybe it will keep her soothed, peaceful and feelin' full. Your comment about having to stop often while traveling takes me back.
Post a Comment