It started a couple weeks ago when I discovered she got into the changing table and smeared her face and hands with A&D. Then a week or so after that, she found the Desitin and, again, smeared her hands and face with it. The topper of it all was what happened Saturday night. Let me show you what she did:



(Yes she is sitting on the toilet on the one above, hahaha)
Anyways, it's my fault this happened. I had left the paper scissors in the bedroom (towards the BACK of the changing table--mind you, you'd have to LOOK for it...it wasn't sitting in plain sight) because I put Claire in a new outfit on Friday and had to cut the tags off. I remember looking at the scissors and telling myself "don't forget the scissors...don't forget"....aaaand, of course I forgot. If one kid isn't trying to get your attention, the other is. I'm easily distracted and I have a horrible memory. So, yes, I take the blame. But again, I know this happens to almost every kid. Either they do it themselves, someone does it for them, or they do it for someone else. Kids and scissors...you know it's fascinating.
Carrie also reminded me (which I hadn't thought of until that point) that this will be lovely for her wedding next month. Paige is the flower girl. Oopsie.
So that was super fun. I'm just glad she only went for her bangs. Can you imagine what it would have been like if she snipped off her pig tails? Sheesh!
Everything else around here is going fine. The weather is really lame though. It's June...and it feels like November. So, it's kinda a downer for the whole almost-summer aspect of life.
I go through these cycles of wanting to be home and then needing to get out. I'm in the cycle of needing to get out all the time. These walls in the house are confining. BLEH! But at the same time, we've kinda had a wake up call on the price of gas the other day when it took 60 bucks to fill up our CAR. So, needless to say, our outside travels are going to be limited so we don't waste gas...or spend it needlessly, anyways. If it were actually sunny and dry out like how it SHOULD be, then we could just walk places. But I hate the wet and cold, so I'm not going out.
Claire came down with a cold the other night. She's so sad looking. Her eyes water, her face looks splotchy-red and her nose is super snotty. Hopefully it wont take her long to get over. Because babies having colds at night = mommy not sleeping at night. It wasn't too bad last night, but she woke up at 3 am, I had to suck her nose, feed her, change her diaper, and then she wasn't tired so it took her a while to fall asleep...and of course I didn't really fall asleep until she did. So that was probably around 4. Then she woke up again around 8. So...it wasn't bad, really. Just that hour being up in the middle of the night kinda makes it feel like I had 2, 4 hour naps instead of getting 8 hours of sleep.
Other than her sickness, she's doing really well. She still laughs and smiles and is cute as a button. She sleeps really well in the day time. Usually has a short (about an hour) nap in the morning, a long one (about 3-4 hours) in the afternoon, and then another short one (hour or less) in the evening. And that's if we don't do anything all day and are just at home. But if we're out, or away from beds, she does pretty well sleeping in people's arms or her car seat. She fusses for a while first, but then she'll conk out.
She's getting better at "standing" and supporting her weight on her legs when you hold her up. I think she's ready for the exersaucer. I wonder where it is...hmmm. She definitely prefers to sit up or stand up, over laying down. She likes to sit in the Bumbo seat for only a little bit. I don't really know why. I think she really likes to be touched, so she prefers people to help her sit up...like on their lap or something. She also can push herself all the way up while on her tummy...extending her arms and all. I feel like this is all going so fast. Wasn't she just born the other day?
Anyways, I'll write more later...at least after Claire's appointment on Friday.


2 comments:
Didn't 2 year old Cortney do something similar?
That is horrible!! My brothers daughter did the same thing but she got to her hair so bad that they had to just shave it. That was the second time she'd cut it! I'm just waiting for the day!
Post a Comment