Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Friday, June 27, 2008

4.5 months

I can't believe 4 1/2 months of Claire's life have already gone by. It doesn't feel like 4 months worth of time has already passed. It's so weird.

Claire is doing really well. Grabbing things in front of her, holding herself at more of a 90 degree angle when on her tummy, gnawing on everything in sight. She is so stinkin' cute, I can't stand it sometimes. She loves to babble all the time. She doesn't yelp and dinosaur-scream as much, probably because both bottom teeth have broken through the gum (and are very visable) and it doesn't hurt anymore. She loves the Exersaucer...although gets frustrated when she can't put all the toys on it, in her mouth. She also LOVES interaction, especially from Paige. But lately Paige barely gives Claire the time of day. My feeling is because Paige is getting jealous. Paige has been really testing Brian and I lately, so she kinda gets in trouble a lot. But Claire doesn't get in trouble. So I can see maybe there's jealousy there because we're not treating them the same.

But, again, Claire loves interaction. And I love to give it to her. Kisses everywhere, hugs and holding as much as I can. I just love that ooshy-gooshy girl!

Wednesday was the first day I put a little pony tail in Claire's hair. It was so cute. Yesterday I tried to put two in her hair (like little piggy tails) but she didn't like me doing it. I probably pulled too hard, haha. I'm just used to doing Paige's hair, I suppose. But, it's so funny because I feel like it totally changes Claire's look. You see more of her eyes and downward-facing eyebrows. It's so cute.

So far our Summer is somehow feeling busy. I'm not actually around home as much as I used to be (which was all the time). I usually like to find something to do in the morning. During the Summer, there are lots of park days, movie days (free movies at the Martin Way movie theater at 10:00 am), and other events going on courtesy of the moms at FAL. And then there's also hang out time with friends on the side. The weather has been getting better (finally) too. For intance, I look out my window at 10:30 right now and don't see a cloud in the sky. This is how it should be until October or so. Haha. I had taken some sidewalk chalk from my parents house last time I was there, so that Paige could play with some at home. She likes to draw, but she was also insterested in squishing ants with the chalk. Paige LOVES to be outside. Whenever I go out to take the garbage out, she always wants to follow and then stay outside. I'm sure a big part of her being like this was because she was kept indoors for the first 2 years of her life. Haha. Poor girl. But living in Waterworld doesn't give much oppertunity to play outside. And then...she's older, so I'm not SO protective like I was last year ;)

Anyways, so things are going well. I'm going to start Claire on Rice Cereal soon. Well, as soon as I remember to buy some from the store ;). Even though she's a chunk, and the doctor said that I could wait until 5 or 6 months, I think I might start sooner because she's getting more and more interested in the food we're eating. I want to see what she thinks of it all.

Thats about it for now. I'm going to start making dinner for this evening and do a little chores.

Here are some pictures:


This is Claire's little bean-sprout pony tail


Paige playing with chalk


Yes, I drew the monkey, giraffe, and heart...not Paige ;)


On a walk with the Ralls'.

No comments: