Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Friday, May 30, 2008

3 months, 2 weeks old...

Things are going pretty well. Still hectic (mentally/emotionally) at least once a day, but routine kinda rules the day, which I like. I need stability like that...that way I feel sane.

Claire is doing really well. Again, she's getting stronger, and starting to support herself on her forearms when she's on her tummy. She laughs the first couple times when I tickle her, but then just grunts when I try after that. It's funny when she laughs, because she doesn't really smile when she does it. It's kinda like a grimace, it's funny. But I do love her laugh. Well, I love baby laughs...they always make me laugh too.

So, like I've probably said so far (I always forget to re-read what I wrote previous, so I feel like I always repeat myself as I write new blogs) that Paige and Claire share a room now. It's going really well. And not only that, but basically since Tuesday, Claire has been sleeping about 11 hours at night! It's really nice. I TRY to put her down by 8:30 (which is usually sometimes 9 or 9:30...and actually once at 7:50) and she'll sleep until about 7-8:30 (depending on when she went to sleep)...and she actually slept until 9 yesterday. It was crazy. Paige is doing really well with it too. Paige sleeps SO HEAVY that Claire could grunt and move around in her crib all she wants and Paige would probably only wake up if Claire was actually crying for a minute. Paige has also liked playing with Claire with me. Not by herself yet...she gets bored of Claire quickly. But Paige will sit with me on the couch and sing to Claire and talk silly to her. It's really cute. I can't wait until they will fully get to play with each other. But then, actually, that's when I'll have to start breaking up arguments and listening to "MOOOOOOM, Claire is TOUCHING ME! TELL HER TO LEAVE!" Which will be fun too. Ah, I can't wait ;)

Claire's 4 month check up is in 2 weeks. I'm curious to see how much she weighs. Beeeeecause...let's just say it's safe to say breast feeding is going well. Hahahaha. She's growing a bit in length...but really pudgy. Like rolly. Like....a lot. I love it though. I love to squish all her rolls and ask her "you are so chunky-lunky aren't you?" and kiss her all over. AH! I just love it. She still has quite a bit of hair, and I still haven't "done" anything with it. You know, bows or clips or anything. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I like ponies (pony tails) instead. As some of you know by seeing Paige with multiple pony tails sometimes. But maybe one day I will be inspired to do something with Claire's hair. Although she still has a lot of hair, it is rubbing off on the back. Just this 2 inch by 1/2 inch spot on the roundest part of the back of her head. But, then again, the hair above it is long enough to cover it. Also, hair is either rubbing off or falling out on the sides of her head too. Which happened to Paige around this age. But Paige's hair was a little more dramatic. It looked like a fade hair cut. Claire isn't there yet though. I remember with Paige's hair, my mom had asked me "did you cut her hair?" hahahaha...I thought that was funny...because why would I cut it on purpose like this?

Notice the lack of hair on the sides's of Paige's head. Anyways, that was funny.


Oh also, Claire has been getting better with controling her hands. During sleep, she actually prefers to suck on her fingers instead of a pacifier (but she still is pacified by the pacifier though, and that's important for me!). She likes it when you dangle toys infront of her within reach and tries to go for them. And she does a pretty good job. But of course she'll get frustrated after a bit of time doing it, because her hands aren't doing what she really wants the whole time.

She's not really anywhere near getting ready to roll over. I'm glad I had Paige as my first baby, because Paige was basically late with every physical development. I don't think Paige first rolled over until 6 months or something. Maybe even later. Didn't start sitting up until a little after 6 months, and didn't start walking on her own until 15 months. So...at least I wont freak out if Claire isn't doing anything "on time" (or what "on time" means to my standards). I'm sure she'll probably be on the same level as Paige...maybe a tiny bit sooner. But, I don't have any expectations, and that's important for me! Haha!

And the best for last...I think Claire will be breaking her first tooth soon. NOT excited about that :(. I've already experienced this all with Paige, and it will be a very fussy first year. Anyways, the tooth hasn't broken, and might take another month to come through (who knows, though...sometimes these things take weeks, sometimes it happens over night), but all I see for now is a white dot under her gums on her lower jaw. And so far, Claire can get pretty dramatic with her mouth hurting her. But as long as we don't lose sleep through the night then we'll be fine.

Here are some pictures:


This is Boppy Time (or as Paige likes to call it: Bobby)



More Boppy...look at that face



Good smile of Paige. She usually does this over exaggerated "cheese!" face, but I actually got a good smile out of her, yay!



I love this. So many names: Jabba the Baby, Baby the Hut, Michelin Girl, Chunk-a-lunk, ooshy-gooshy, chunky-lunky. I just want to pinch all those rolls!



Close up of that wonderful smile :)



All dressed up and nowhere to go



I tried to part her hair on the opposite side, but it eventually worked itself back to the other side...so that means her hair is cowlicked to one side, hahaha







Sisters! Look how much Claire has grown!



This is what I do: I get Claire and position her in the corner of the couch so I can sit and talk and play with her. Well, Paige comes up and asks to sit too (you know, because she's being left out). So she sits by Claire, I sit infront of them and we all talk and play and sing. It's fun :)

3 comments:

Lowe Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lowe Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lowe Family said...

SO CUTE!!! I'm glad to hear everything is going so good and all is well!!