So, let's see, anything new with the girls....?
Like I said last blog, Claire was starting to do the military crawl. Well, now, that's all she prefers to do (as opposed to sitting or laying). She likes to scoot along and find new and interesting things that she shouldn't get into. Like wires, pine needles on the floor (ugh), crumbs that Paige dropped (or other foods), or fuzz from animal stuffing (that Paige likes to take out). It's really fun and cute to see her crawl around. Just look at this face!!

She will rock up on her knees every now and then, but doesn't crawl on them. And just the other day Brian said she went from her knees to sitting back on her bottom. But only did it once. So, she's progressing faster than Paige did. Although, both girls (compared to the norm) aren't as quick as other babies. But that's okay, Paige is totally fine as a 3 year old, so I know Claire will be just fine herself.
For a while (last month) she had somehow gone to only 1 nap a day. It would be normally around 12 and she'd sleep for almost 3 hours and then be up the rest of the day until bed time. This past week, however, she's been taking two naps. Which seems more normal. She'll wake up at 7:30, and then 2 or 3 hours later will take a nap, and then one more nap between 4 and 5 in the evening. Although 2 naps is more restricting on my day, I like it knowing she's sleeping more. She's only (almost) 9 months old. She's still a babe, she needs to sleep lots.
She still loves baby food like squash, peas, carrots, and fruits. I've started giving her 3rd stage baby food as well, like turkey and veggies. No beef, and not really chicken either. Maybe because I tend to buy food for her that I might like, haha. Although those 3rd stage foods are so bland, they're almost yucky to me! But...not that it matters, it's not for me! Haha.
I also have started giving her little (LITTLE) pieces of cheddar, bread, and banananananana. My girls have a sensitive gag reflex, so I can't really give big pieces or they get all gaggy and chokey (of course, I'm speaking of Paige when she was Claire's age). Which scares the poo outta me when I see them do that. Ugh!
Claire has been saying "dada", "mama", "gaga" her "s" sounds, and clicking her tongue for quite some time. She is definitely more verbally developed than Paige was. Paige didn't care about "talking" until she was over a year old! Claire also L-O-V-E-S to scream. Not out of pain...it amuses her. Like, "hmm, how loud can I scream?" It's funny and I probably let it go on longer than it needs, but somedays...wow, it's just too much!
I do wonder, though, if Claire is starting to teethe the rest of her teeth. I can't feel or see anything, but I have a feeling she'll get all her teeth before 1 year old just like Paige did. She's getting fussy a lot again and drooly. That's the sign, isn't it? Yay...again.
Paige has been okay lately. I think just your typical 3 year old. As it has been basically for the majority that Claire's been with us. Paige is discovering her emotions more and more, day to day. Like anger. That's a fun one. She'll yell at me and tell me to "stop talking", or "I'n made right now", or to "be quiet", or "don't say no!" She'll throw big old stinking fits, run into her room crying or mad, and slam the door (ha! I don't even have to send her to her room half the time--she does it for me!). Sometimes she'll even drama it up and stand there and quietly cry and cover her eyes. It makes me smile because of so many reasons: 1) she really is trying to tug at my heart strings, 2) what a melodramatic move! who did she learn that from!? and 3) she looks really cute and sad while doing it.
Although she's been testing me (and that even seems like an understatement!), I'll show her that I don't back down and she seems to be learning that quicker and will do what I say (even if I do have to say it 2 or 3 times sometimes). She still is really helpful at times, and probably one of the funniest 3 year olds I know! She has a million facial expressions too. Ah, what a clown!
Anyway, here are a few more pictures of the girls:











1 comment:
They are getting so big!! WOw time sure does fly so fast! Sometimes I have to sit and remind myself that I have a child. IT's all so crazy! Your daughters are beautiful!
Post a Comment