Claire is doing really well. Developmentally, she's where most 10 1/2 month olds are at. Currently the girls' doctor is on maternity leave, so there's an ARNP who is covering for her until December. The nurse practitioner noted that Claire hasn't made any advancement toward crawling normally, pulling herself up, standing assisted...stuff like that. And I told her "oh, I'm not worried...Paige didn't start walking until she was 16 months old" and laughed. And then she said "oh, no one ever recommended her for physical therapy?" and I'm thinking uhhhh, should they have? But then...no...because she walks fine. She runs a little funny...hmmm...but...okay anyway, I said no. So she didn't push it or anything.
Anyways, everything else about Claire looks fine. She weighed in at a whopping 20 lbs! That is 2 lbs heavier than Paige was at that age!
Here...I'll compare the two girls' numbers:
Paige 9 months old:
Height- 28 1/4 inches
Weight- 18 lbs 13 oz
Head- 45.8 cm
Claire 9 months old:
Height- 28 1/4 inches
Weight- 20 lbs 1 oz
Head 45 cm
So actually, considering that Paige was only 7 ounces away from 19 lbs, Claire is only 1 lb 8 oz heavier than Paige was. Not too bad ;)
Claire has been crawling around on her belly a lot more. She likes to scoot around on the kitchen floor, where it's slippery. She also likes to get into all the cupboards. If only we had "normal" kitchen drawers, it wouldn't be such a hassle to put and keep on door protecter thingies (what are those called?). But because it's a pain, I don't like to keep them on the drawers...cupboards are okay. I'll let her play with the wooden and plastic cooking spoons, some pots, and a silicone cupcake tray. She likes those. Anything "new" is always welcomed!
So I've been pretty lazy in the "table food" category. I love the ease and mess-free (as in prep mess) aspect of jarred foods. Oatmeal and a jar of fruit in the morning, some sort of veggie for lunch, and a mixed food jar for dinner (of course along with 3 or 4 bottles of formula throughout the day). I pretty much give her the 3rd stage foods for dinner almost all the time. I like how there are chunks of food in there...like veggies and rice. And, come to think of it...why didn't I notice that before with Paige? Maybe....because I didn't feed Paige 3rd foods? Did I skip that completely? That might explain why I feel like I'm being lazy with Claire. Hmm.
Anyway, I decided that I will feed her more table foods. So today, I gave her peices of bread, mozz cheese, and ham for lunch. She did pretty well and ate almost all of it. But I don't like how when I get used to one measure of fullness (like, going back to when she was an infant...I knew that 10-15 minutes of feeding was enough, or 6 oz of formula later on. And then most recently, I know she can eat a whole 6 oz jar of food and be satisfied) it changes up on me and I have to figure out again what gets her full/satisfied. Not that it's a huge deal...but when babies are hungry, they're cranky. And I don't like cranky babies!!
Some other little tidbits: Claire can pull herself from on her tummy to on her knees, but no farther; she can sit back on her knees (which I think is cute); she just started doing "raspberries" and sticking out her tongue to make different sounds; and she doesn't really like to be fed by anyone except for me, Brian, or herself (there has been problems with date night and then the church nursery when it comes to drinking formula).
So everything is going well. We'll be going to California again this year for Christmas, and we plan to be gone from the 20th until noon-ish time of the 28th. This will be Claire's 3rd time to California in 9 months! Lucky her ;)
Okay, that's all for now. Here are a few pictures:











No comments:
Post a Comment