Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Friday, August 22, 2008

Just a little update

Nothing much new, but I thought I'd update on the small things.

Paige has calmed down a lot from her bossiness. Every now and then she'll demand things left and right, but at least the degree of attitude used has gone down. I think a lot of that has to do with me calming down a lot too. For some reason I find myself having more patience with her...and I think that effects her. I mean, it makes sense that it would...but at the same time, I wish she and I didn't have to go through that learning process. Not that I want life to always be super simple (well, maybe) but there would be a lot of tears avoided that way.

So, Paige has become better tempered, which is really nice. She's going back to her helpful and silly self. She loves to be silly (making faces, singing, using her "low voice" to be funny) and loves putting on a show for us...but also loves our positive reaction to her putting on a show.

Her bangs are also growing to a not-so-embarrassing length. They're still "baby-bangs" but at least there isn't a "buzzed" look in the middle of her forehead anymore.

As far as her developments go, Molly has worked with her a couple times teaching her how to trace letters of the alphabet. Paige does pretty well. She "colors" the dotted lines together (instead of drawing one straight line from dot to dot in creating the letter) but she does well at it. She can also count to 20, but kinda messed up with the "teens". Like she'll say "ten, eleventeen, twelve, fisteen, sisteen, nineteen TWENTY!" but then other times she's able to say eleven to twenty in the right order (and not skip any). With Paige, it's all about whether she WANTS to do things right or not. Sometimes it's funny, but other times it's like "why!?"

Paige also loves to sing, and she will let you know if she wants you to sing with her or not. For instance, sometimes I'll start a song and she's say "No no no!! Stop singing!!" and then SHE will start singing instead. And I'll ask her "can I sing with you?" and sometimes she'll say yes and sometimes she'll say no. Basically, Paige is really exercising her independence at almost 3 years old. I've decided that as long as I remind her what is polite and what is rude, I should let her express her independence to a certain degree. Sometimes it's hard for me though. I don't like her bossing me around. But I have to remember she's not doing it to be rude, but because she's just figuring all this stuff out.

Claire is going through teething again. She kinda has been for the past 2 weeks. Her upper gums are so sore and swollen looking. I keep feeling for a tooth break through but still haven't felt one. She's gnawing on everything in sight again. I basically have to put Oragel on her gums before every sleep time (just a tiny bit) just to numb it up enough for her to fall asleep. Poor baby. Even though she's teething and in pain, she is FULL of smiles. She is SO cute. Every time I call her name her face just GLOWS. And every time I get her from nap or in the morning, she is SO excited to see me. She's such a little snuggle bear too. So gooshy and lovey. And kissable!! I basically shower her in kisses every time I pick her up.

Claire has been sitting up all by herself for about 2 or 3 weeks now. Every now and then she'll still topple over, but for the most part she can sit up and play with things. She's also enjoying eating solids more and more. I've started mixing a bit of white grape juice with her baby oatmeal so that it's a little sweet for her. She scarfs that down! She also loves pureed fruits, and can tolerate peas. I can tell it's not her favorite, but she'll eat them anyway. She also loves sweet potatoes and carrots.

No other real big milestones for Claire, but we're just enjoying our day to day lives together. Claire LOVES to watch Paige, and loves it even more (squeals and laughs a lot) when Paige plays and talks with Claire. Paige will talk and play with Claire only when she wants to though. Rarely does Paige play with Claire if I ask her to.

So yeah, just a little update. It's time for Paige's nap, so I'm gonna put her in her room.

The End!

No comments: