Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

6 months old!

Today the Claire-bear had her 6 month check up. She's doing really well...developmentally, she's at what most 7 month olds are doing. She's 17 lbs 8 oz, and 26 1/4 inches long. She's in the 75th percentile all around, so she's pretty well balanced. She got 6 shots today (poor baby). Thankfully a lot of those shots are combined into one syringe so she only had to get "shot" 3 times. She copes really well afterwards. I just have to pick her up and give her a pacifier and she stops crying almost immediately.

I asked the doctor about my thyroid medication and how it effects my breast milk or Claire and she says if it goes into my milk at all, it's extremely minimal and wouldn't effect Claire's thyroid. Plus, there would be other indications (like weight and growth in general) if Claire's thyroid was effected. I did ask if the medication could effect my milk production and the doctor said yes. I get paranoid every now and then that my milk is drying up. For the most part, I know I'm going strong because Claire is obviously gaining weight and looking healthy. But sometimes during those random feedings (when the schedule is kinda off) I don't have much milk. The doctor reminded me that my body is used to a schedule and it will provide at the "normal" times. But if I feel like I need that "extra" supply, then I can pump or take some herbal stuff if I really feel it's necessary. I just want to make sure I can feed Claire up until at least 9 months. That's my current goal. I hope my body can make it! If I make it past 9 months, that will be awesome and I'll probably start tapering off between 9 and 12 months at that point. I know I wont be breastfeeding Claire beyond 12 months old ;)

Enough of my mammaries.

I always like to compare numbers between Claire and Paige when she was the same age.

Here's the numbers for 6 months old:

Claire-
Height: 26.25 inches
Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz
Head: 43 inches

Paige-
Height: 26.125
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz
Head: 43.5 inches

WOW, Claire is 2 lbs heavier than Paige was! Not surprising...scroll down and look at those picture comparisons and you'd be surprised if Claire WASN'T heavier than Paige.

That was really about it. Claire has been having hard stools lately, so the doctor told me to switch to baby oatmeal (instead of rice), add a tiny bit of pear or grape juice in with water, and then add some fruit (I bought prunes!) and she should be getting right along. What's it with my girls and poop issues? Sheesh.

So that was today. Here are some pictures from yesterday afternoon. It was a little warm in the house (probably in the low 80's) so I decided to strip the girls down to their undies to help keep them cool.


Paige did a good job posing with Claire


Look at those silly nekked girls


Paige let Claire pinch her?


Look at that mop-head! So much crazy hair.


You can't hear (obviously) but she's screaming right there. She likes to scream for fun these days.

2 comments:

The Chases said...

your ladies are so cute! Love the updates! keep them coming!!

Lowe Family said...

Time sure does fly by! Your girls are getting so big! I bet you have fun with them!