Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Baby Shower

Yesterday was my baby shower at the church. It was really nice, and Sam did a good job organizing it all. She chose a Valentine's theme, and I really liked that idea. Everyone who helped out did a really good job too. I enjoyed myself very much! Even though I was put on the spot a couple times...but you can't get around that I know :)

Here are some pictures from the shower. I know no one else cares about my fat face, but it's becoming more and more noticable that I'm retaining water and it's really sad, haha.

Anyways, this is from end to beginning, because Blogger was being difficult and wouldn't add the pictures in the right order:


Sam finishing off the punch ;)



Great Grandma, Me, Vonnie



Kelsey and I



Sam, Angela, and Moi



Betsy, me, Molly



Lena and I



A new small swing, Yay! Just what we wanted :)



A nice big floor puzzle for the girls to work on!



Cute little spring dress :)



Just me



Opening more presents



Lena and Sam



Tricia, Wanda, and Patty
Dorothy and Vonnie



Amber and Angela



Molly holding McKinlea
Livy and Tiffany



All our yummy food!


So now, here we are ALMOST 38 weeks. My day was pretty full yesterday and I had quite a bit of contractions probably because of it. I was pretty pooped in the evening and I had contractions (can't tell if they were BH or not though) every 7-10 minutes. I was even feeling them while I was sleeping. I'm not worried. I think I just did too much yesterday. Since I've woken up this morning, I haven't had any. So that's good.

I did get my hair done after the shower as well. I got the roots touched up and the rest of the blonde "toned down" a bit...so it's more of a medium/ashy blonde rather than the bleached highlight looking blonde. Which is nice. I'm good with altering things every now and then. Especially since after the baby is born I wont get to touch up any roots for maybe a couple months :-S yikes!

Today we're going to the Ralls to (kind of) watch the Super Bowl. I probably wont be paying much attention. Hehe. But I'll probably also be kind of attached to their couch a bit anyways :)

Okay, well I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I'll write again after that appointment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Fun day!

-Sam

The Chases said...

Hi Cortney,
I wish I could have made it to you shower=( I wasn't having a very good morning if you know what I mean. I am so sorry I missed it. It looks like you had a blast and that you got a lot of cool stuff for Claire. You look great too. Keep the blogs coming! Can't wait to hear all about when Claire gets here. XO Jess