Well, first things first. Claire's doctor visit on the 13th...these are her numbers:
- Height, 29 inches
- Weight, 22 lbs
Developmentally, she's doing what most 14 month olds are doing. She isn't walking yet, but she's definitely practicing. In the last week she's been able to stand all by herself for 5-10 seconds. She usually does it when she's not paying attention. As soon as she realizes that she's not holding onto anything she falls. She is cruising on everything, preferring to stand everywhere and only crawling when necessary (to get places faster).
She also is going strong on eating solids...prefering things with a tougher texture. Her daily foods usually include oatmeal, bits of fruit, turkey, cheese, bread, Gerber puffs, Cheerios, and whatever is for dinner. She is really picky about texture (it was--and is--the same with Paige) so it's hard to feed her cooked veggies because they're usually too mushy for her. I've been trying to hide them in pasta and other random things, but sometimes it kills me because SHE CAN TELL!
Since December, she's gotten all 4 of her first set of molars. So she is currently at 12 teeth, at 1 years old! I think Paige had 16 at this point...and then shortly after her 1st birthday got the last set of molars. But still...12 teeth already for Claire.
Having the girls in the same room is still going well. Claire wakes up earlier than Paige (her internal clock wakes up at 7:00 or 7:30 no matter what time she went to bed, whereas Paige naturally wakes up at 8:00 or later) and it usually drives Paige nuts, because Claire yells at her from the crib until Paige wakes up. It's kinda funny, but I definitely would be annoyed too if I were Paige!
And Claire LOVES Paige. To almost no end. She always calls for her (she doesn't use actual words, but there is a specific sound she makes every time...and you can just tell she's shouting for Paige...or wondering where she is if Paige isn't in the room) and gets SUPER excited whenever Paige comes in the room. I think it's so sweet. Most of the time Paige deals with it well. But sometimes Paige just likes her space and likes to control things, so she can get impatient with Claire. A lot of it has to do with her age but I know some of it is her personality too.
That's really about it. I can't believe I already have a second baby who hit the 1 year mark. She's growing so fast! It's been a good year...and I'm looking forward to her getting older too. It was hard to imagine Paige as a 3-year old a couple years ago...and now it feels weird to think of Claire that old. Wasn't she just a little baby?
But it's been fun and she sure is a cutie pie :)


No comments:
Post a Comment