Cortney, Paige, and Claire

Some Yoder girls for ya

Our Babies

baby

baby

Friday, September 12, 2008

7 months

Today Claire is 7 months old. As I type, I'm feeding her those Gerber puffs. She LOVES them. I tried feeding her pureed pears, but she was getting annoyed by it. I think she likes harder foods now. She's also got a few chompers now too. Her left top tooth has broken through, her right top will break through any day--AND in addition the the two bottom center teeth she has, she's getting in the two beside them. Sheesh. Her teeth just want to come through all at the same time I suppose. It makes for difficult nights because she's been waking up around 12 or 1 and then around 4 in the morning. I don't feed her (unless she's REALLY not going to fall asleep...but usually I don't) but it makes it difficult for Paige (and Brian and I) to sleep at night. So when Claire wakes up at night, I end up putting her in our room (uh, specifically the bathroom since it's big enough--and it cuts out the noise of her crying a little better than her screaming at the foot of our bed). It makes it difficult for Brian and I to sleep, but at least Paige gets the rest she needs, being a little girl and all. Even still, Paige wont wake up until 9 or 9:30 because she's still so tired. Hopefully Claire gets those teeth through soon so that we can sleep our regular nights again.

Aside from that, she's doing well. Super-smiley girl, I love it. She's so good with other people and just going along for the ride wherever we go. Paige is doing okay with her. But Paige is really stubborn these days and doesn't like to share much. But it really depends on the days. Some days she doesn't want Claire to touch or even LOOK at her, but then other days she'll sing and laugh with Claire and help me out tons. I try not to give her too hard of a time for not liking Claire some days (you can't MAKE people like each other), but sometimes it worries me and I feel like Paige wont ever get used to Claire :(

This month it's Paige's 3rd birthday, and she already knows how old she will be ("free"--haha, yeah I wish) and she's gets excited and talks about cake and presents any time talk about her birthday comes up. It's really cute. My babies are growing up so fast! That makes me feel old, haha.

Here is a video I put together of a few things over the last couple months:




We just kinda stick around the house for the most part...like always :). We'll hang out with Sam and her kids a couple times a week, and then go on store trips. Usually Fred Meyer because they have that play area that Paige likes. Mom's group will be starting up next week, so I'll be going to that again. I like to have things like that in the morning to go to because then it helps break up the day. I've also been going to the gym for the past month and a half. I really look forward to it because it's my "alone time". Even though I hate lifting weights in front of guys (I'm kinda self conscious about it), it makes me feel better knowing I'm doing something I should, and also just...like I said, being alone. I'm also involved in a couple Bible Studies still. I love doing them. It gives me a chance to hang out with friends, but also learn things that help me.

That's really about it. I'm going down (by myself) to California for Cody and Rose's wedding next weekend (the 19th-21st) and I'm looking forward to it. Not only to see my brother getting married, but because I think of it as a mini vacation from being Mommy, and I get to see lots of people I miss. Ahhh, it's going to be nice. I know I'll constantly think of my girls though. But that's always how it is; getting to go away and enjoy myself, but always thinking/worrying about my babies.

So yeah...that's a little update for us :)

2 comments:

Carina Rose said...

that was a really cute video. Clair and Cody have matching hair ;)

Lowe Family said...

How cute! They do grow up way too fast!! I so wish we lived closer. I sit at home and pretty much do nothing too it would be fun to do nothing together. I'm so envious of clairs teeth. Katie still hasn't gotten her top teeth in. she has the two bottom and has had them since she was 6 months. SLOW!